Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 7 May 2013

It is a pretty hard working day for me. Two posts in a roll. Recently i got a throat infection that stopped me from drinking. Er...I sounded like an alcoholic.. Anyway, I drink for passion only. NEVER EVER ADDICTED

Today, white wine guys

First question for everyone, it doesn't even look white in color 
Unlike this Coconut Rum 
To brief explain, I would like to point out that the distinct color from light straw with a green tint to deep golden yellow presented by white wine is actually from the types of grapes they used to made it. Normally, white wine usually contained the grape juice and skins of green, golden and yellow colored grapes. Unlike Champagne, which I reviewed in the previous post, are made from Pinot Noir, which is a red skinned grape, with the juice only. 

White wine usually made from several types of grapes 
Ranging from Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc (also called Fume Blanc) Riesling, Gewurztraminer Pinot Gris, Semillon, Viognier and Chenin Blanc 
*My personal Favorites are Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc 

This is Chardonnay

Since I haven't tried much of the other grapes yet, I can only do a quick review for those I like. 

Coming on serving the white wine, there was a common misconception. Others usually thinks that it is going to serve ice cold, like around fridge temperature. NO NO NO that would actually ruin the taste of the wine, to be precise, ruin your tastebuds. 
Human Biology time : Human are warm-blooded animals...We prefer (deleted 1000 words) in short for everything to function normally, the best temperature for your taste buds are around say 10C-45C" 
So, ice cold white wine will ruin your tastebuds get them numbed. Then you will never taste the awesomeness of these. So from now on, when you poped open a bottle of these right from the fridge, hold the cup tight with your warm palm, heat it up a bit, around 7-10C then it will be all good and nice. 

Unlike red white, white wine are advice to drink between 2-3  years after being bottled. Longer vintage may have a higher chance of ruined quality depends on the method of storage. 

Here are some of my personal favorites 
Poped this baby open when my mum fifth-birthday dinner 
Characteristic of typical Chardonnay: Sweet and delicate, decent yet never lost its elegancy 
Same brand same collection again 
Sauvignon Blanc also has similar texture and taste as Chardonnay 
Personally I prefer Chardonnay 

No comments:

Post a Comment